C'est la vie. C'est comme ca.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time Was.


"Those who can't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it"
-George Santanyana

If you could go back into the past, would you?
Would you change something, say something else?
& What would the effects of that change be? Would it change your whole future?
It's easy to say yes, that you would change a lot. Say more. Say less.
But if it were possible, would you actually do it?
Would you risk your current reality for a simple sentence?
I'd like to believe that everything happens for a reason.
I'd like to believe that everything I've ever said, or not said, will impact my future, my hopefully happy future.
For example, if I had of stood up for myself in primary school more, been more confident, maybe I would have joined that "It" crowd.. then now, more than likely, I would be doing what all of them seem to be doing.. dropping out of school, limiting their choices for the future. While instead, I'm continuing school, and one day when I'm rich and happy with my job, I'll laugh at the thought of ever wanting to be involved with them. Jokes on those suckers. Chances are one day they'll walk past a book store, written by me, and think, "I went to school with her! Why did I always treat her like shit? When now, she's successful and I'm not".
Well.. I doubt they will actually think that, but hey, can't hurt to imagine them doing so.

I think that if I could go back, I would only change certain things.
Like I would tell my lost loved ones that I loved them, before they died.
I would not bother with replies to bitchy comments, just delete them and move on.
Making mistakes has made me who I am, so why should I change them?
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is definitely true in this case.
Like that quote I heard in History said,

"By understanding out past, we can get a better shape of our future"

What about if you could go to the future, would you?
Would you be able to appreciate the present, when you know what's ahead?

Time is a strange thing.
Time holds the key to life. To who we were, who we are, and who we will be.
& each is influenced entirely on each other.
Every mistake, every joy has it's own influence. As does every friend, every enemy and every acquaintance.
We can wish to be somewhere else, in another time, another place, another life.
But in the end, the only things we can change, are in the present, in the current moment..
Think before you do. Because you can't change the past.

So, Hello from the past, enjoy your present & good luck with your future;
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment