C'est la vie. C'est comme ca.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Broken Friendships.


A very large part of life in the 21st century is the need for human companionship. Friends come and go, friendships grow and change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. Whether your 6, 16, 56 or 106, friendships remain to come and go. Who will my friends be when I finish school? Chances are they won't be the same people I'm close with at the moment. Last year I was close with certain people, yet now I find myself with a whole new group. So what changed? When did it change? Was it something I did? Said?

Sometimes it shocks me how much my life has changed over the last couple of years, how much I've learnt, how much I've gained, and how much I've lost. I never would have thought I'd drift from certain people, or that I'd be friends with others, but as times change, I change along with it. People always make a big fuss about how people don't change. For the most part, I disagree. I don't think its a vice, it's simply a part of life. An unavoidable, unchangeable part. People can change, and people do change.

I guess all we can do is treasure the friendships we do have, because like everything else in life, it doesn't last forever, and when it breaks, most of the time, it can't be glued back together. All we can do is remember what it once was, as we stare at the broken pieces and wish we'd been more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment