C'est la vie. C'est comme ca.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My brain had exceeded it's bandwidth

The first half of this blog is dedicated to Amy Dransfield. She is mentioned 'cause she wrote a whole paragraph about me in her blog and it meant a lot to me. Amy & I became bestfriends in maths. Strange right? When we're in maths, I'm generally happy. She listens to me, and gives me advice. She makes me laugh and believes in me, even when I don't. I never thought we would be as close as we are now. She has all the same tastes and opinions as me, I think.. either that or she's just "smile and nod"ing. hahaha. She gives me clarity (stolen word, sorry Amy (:) and makes me see sense.. I honestly hope that we are friends forever, 'cause she means the world to me. I feel extremely lucky to have a friend like her, a friend that I can trust my life with, a friend that is always honest with me (except about spiking lemonade with vodka), a friend that I know I can trust to tell anything, a friend that knows the real me, yet still hangs out with me. She is my bestfriend.

Now that the soppy bit is done..
I was thinking today about what if it is easier to forgive and forget or seek revenge, after talking to one of my friends about a problem she is facing. I told her that she should just forgive and forget while she was set on trying to get revenge, but did I give her the right advice? I applied the same advice I gave her, to one of my own situations, with that Over-the-top-flirty-bitch that I was complaining about the other night. It didn't work, because I'm not going to forgive and forget and just let her get away with treating me like crap.. So why did I tell my friend to forgive the person that had hurt her..
I guess it's easier to stand from the outside and talk about a situation, rather than experience it.
If I was in my friends shoes, I'd probably be doing what she's doing. I would be angry and I would try to get revenge. Should I have said "yeh, go ahead and get revenge on he/she" ?
Or just what I had actually said, "wouldn't it be easier to forgive and forget?"?
The moral decision would have been what I said, but whats moral, isn't always right for you. You can certainly forgive, or try to. But how do you forget? When someone hurts you enough for you to want to seek revenge, then it's obviously pretty bad. How do you forget something that easily?
It just brings us back to where we started, it's easier to stand from the outside and talk about a situation, rather than experience it. Rather then feel the emotions, the sadness, the anger, the pain and maybe humiliation.
Whenever my friends say somethings wrong, when they say they don't know how to go on, I remind them that
"life was never meant to be easy"
I need to start taking my own advise...

I have to go, the computer has exceeded it's bandwidth and is going exceptionally slow,
Goodbye bloggers,
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment